Saturday, November 6, 2010

TAU 5K Fun Run/Walk

Rocky and I helped with the Therapy Animals of Utah's fund raiser. We helped set up, walked the 5K and hung out until the festivities were over at around 11:00. So with him being busy from 7am-11:00am and a 3-4 mile walk when we got home he's now a sleepy boy! We did the walk after because his sister Shika did not come with us on the 5K. It's hard enough to juggle 2 dogs but when you have so many unknown dogs around, and I was trying to assist in passing out shirts, I didn't want to take any chances.

I have an e-collar, which I know some people will think I'm horrible for having. Since Rocky is deaf I'm trying to use it like a clicker. It has a vibration mode so I'm trying to teach him when I hit the vibrate mode he needs to look at me. Nick mode is saved for his fixated behavior. We have broken him from his car mania now we are working on some of the dogs in the neighborhood that get him spun up. He was expecially interested in the rooster this morning at Wheeler Farms!

I have been bad about picture taking on hikes lately so here's a few random ones a friend of mine has taken on walks and at events we've attended.

There are some interesting signs as you hike to Timpanogos cave in American fork canyon. They also have good nature signs on the animals in the area. Thank goodness I haven't run into any cougars. I have had coworkers at IMFT who have had them in their neighborhoods before. That's one animal I'm content to see in the zoo!







One of the local pools allows people to come to the pool with their dogs before they close for the season. Rocky discovered deep water by accident. Then he decided he really enjoyed getting in the pool. When I first brought him home he wanted nothing of even getting his feet wet. Shika was the same way. After they hike a few times and discover the water is cooling they get in every puddle, creek, or deep water they see.




No comments:

Post a Comment