Sunday, June 6, 2010

Delta Society

Well I actually went a weekend with out a hike. I have been walking with a woman and her two dogs every other Sunday but it was too hot for her one dog today so walked less than 45 minutes. There was water rushing through the little canyon so the dogs got to play in the water so that was at least fun for them.

Yesterday I spend the entire day at the Delta Society training. The first session is the human training the next hurdle is running the dog through a test. Rocky will be the first as I think he'll do better in the clinical setting. Shika freaks a bit when going to the vet so don't know if she'll do the same going to the hospital. Mainly though it's a costly adventure. The training costs, the tests cost, but more than that they have to do a full health check at the vets. I'm hoping I can use the visit from a month ago and just have the extra stuff done. We'll see what my vet says. Rocky's test is at 12:30 on the 19th. Wish him luck!

This is a photo from last week that my friend took that I really loved.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your Delta Test! I am in Richmond, VA and have a German Shepherd that is registered with Delta Society and we visit in Pediatrics at VCU. Glad Rocky is doing well - I followed his progress on Vadogrescue. Utah is a beautiful place - I was in Salt Lake a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete